Bitter Heat – Singed Series

First of all I wanted to say thank you for the warm reception you’ve given Bitter Heat. I had no idea how people would react to this book. I’m blown away by the positive responses and am completely humbled by you guys taking a chance on a new series!

Bitter Heat was fun, but extremely challenging to write. It has its own rhythm and vibe that’s unlike anything else I’ve done. I’ve been working exclusively on the Crime Lord Series for over three years so I was excited to flex my writing muscles and see what story unfolded.

Originally, I thought this book was going to be a standalone, but the further I got into the story, the more I uncovered about their past and realized it would be impossible to put it all into one book. The Singed Series will be a trilogy (shout out to Kelly who got an early ARC and helped me name the series)! I can’t wait to explore their relationship in more detail.

I love complex characters and to me, Jasmine and Roth both delivered in spades. Roth was so closed off that I had to write huge portions of the scenes from his POV because I had no idea what he was thinking. I think he’ll eventually get his own installment once the trilogy is complete because there are some things only he can tell. As for Jasmine, it took me a while to nail down her personality and thought process. She’s unlike anyone I’ve ever met/read/written. I love her and think she’s a great counterpart to Roth.

The thing I love about dark romance is that it absorbs elements from other genres- suspense, thrills, mystery, and so much more. I love watching a story unfurl slowly, petal by petal, which allows me to absorb, analyze, and calculate how every new piece of information fits into the greater picture. I wanted to write something dark and raw that would make people think, feel, and yearn for more. Using the darkness, I can lay out a story that’s raw, complex, and uncomfortable. The reader can choose to take everything at face value or withhold judgment until they hear the whole story.

I can’t wait to show you what else the Singed Series has in store. Thank you for allowing me to meander through stories and join me on this ride. I’m so grateful for the reviews and you recommending me to others. I couldn’t do this without you!

PS: I’ll make an announcement when the paperback is available!

Purchase Links:

9 Comments

1. Yasmeen Ahmed on April 5, 2019 at 2:48 pm

I honestly did not think you could top an anti hero like Gavin but you blew this one out of the park. I am a bit sad about the trilogy news BUT only because I’m super greedy and want to read it all lol, never the less I am happy it’s a 3 book read because there is a hell of a lot more we need to know about Roth and Jasmine. And it also doesn’t hurt the fact that my name is similar so I can just pretend it says Yasmeen ( hehehe) Please keep doing you and writing amazing and fabulous mind ducking stories because they are literally everything! Can’t wait to read the next instalment of the crime lord series.

2. Donna Lee on April 5, 2019 at 4:47 pm

I love seeing how authors write their stories and you describe it perfectly! I love everything you’ve ever written! After reading Bitter Heat I knew it was going to be a big hit! Can’t wait for the rest of the Singed Series!

3. Ann Lopez on April 5, 2019 at 6:46 pm

I understand why you couldn’t leave thebbook as a standalone. The complexity of the storyline and characters demands a trilogy. Despite not having enough patience to read more of Roth and Jasmine, I await with baited breath lol.

4. Hanan on April 6, 2019 at 1:15 pm

When I read your book, I didn’t expect Roth. This combination of different feelings and intensity has been represented by Roth . I like the fine line between hate and love. Especially when the vision is blurry. In the begining I sensed anger by the end of book I watched signs of different feelings such as love and fear of losing the love of his life.
    I can’t wait for your next book. How can they handle each other. It was brilliant idea when you used her father this way . Before his death he stopped him and after his death he did it. It is promising series p

5. Delfina on April 7, 2019 at 4:35 pm

Oh my gosh. I can not wait until book 2 is out. I wished I had listened to myself and waited until all 3 were out. So I could binge read This is just too much to have to wait. Loved loved this story I’m dying to find out how this continues. And what a tease on the chapter 1. Kudos to you for keeping us hanging. Can I please be one of your beta readers. LOL😄

6. Valerie Caruso on May 8, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Wow… I could not put this book down. I literally read it all in one day! Love the storyline and can’t wait to find out more. Mia… You are such a talented writer. I love the Crime Lord Series so much and was not sure that this book would live up to the same high expectations, but once again you knocked it out of the park. You have a loyal leader in me and I am looking forward to many more years of reading your fantastic books!!! I love to read because it brings me so much joy and takes me away. Thank you so much for doing what you do 😊🌹
    By the way…. You couldn’t have picked a better last name for Lyle! LOL

• Mia Knight on May 10, 2019 at 2:52 am

Thank you so much Valerie! I never tire of hearing messages like this. It warms my heart and reminds me why I love my job so much! Sending my love!

7. Levi Cavanagh on June 9, 2019 at 2:14 pm

I am from a little town in England and feel so lucky to have stumbled upon this! I can’t even describe the intensity of the writing, and how your much really transported me into the world of Jasmine and Roth!
    ‘Thats the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet’ Jhumpa Lahiri

I check weekly for the next book! I’m so excited!

• Mia Knight on June 9, 2019 at 3:18 pm

Hi Levi! Thank you so much for your message. Seeing comments like this make my day. I’m currently working on book 5 in my Crime Lord Series. I will announce news on the Singed Series when I start writing book 2!