Crime Lord’s Paradise

Crime Lord Series, Book 4.5

After Gavin Pyre steps down from his position as crime lord, he and Lyla focus on picking up the pieces of their lives and creating the paradise they deserve.

AHHH I am in love with this cover! I feel it fits the story and this point in Gavin & Lyla’s relationship. My designer did a stellar job. I told her “tropical with edge” and she delivered! There will be no preorder. I will release within the next 2 weeks and report immediately once its live!

I wasn’t planning to write this novella. I was thinking of a bonus clip to put at the back of book 5 and thought it would be fun to write about Gavin and Lyla in Bora Bora (mentioned in Awakened by Sin). So, I began a scene with Lyla on the beach. One clip turned into two and all of a sudden, I realized that I could expand it into a short story. A catch up, if you will. Gavin and Lyla will get one more full novel within the series, so I knew we’d revisit them, but definitely not so soon! You’d think after 3 novels, they’d be talked out. Guess not.

I hope you enjoy this novella. We’re just tapping lightly on the surface of these characters and seeing what they divulge. I fell into Gavin and Lyla as if I never left them. I enjoyed writing this and hope you enjoy it as much as I did! I love writing Gavin’s POV and watching to see how he’ll react to things. I can’t wait to write Crime Lord’s Captive from his POV. This is a future project along with the prequel: their first meet until he gets her back. That’s going to be a long one. I still need more info from the other novels, so I’ll wait for the characters to fill in the blanks for me.

I’m holing up in a cabin in Utah for the winter so I will be writing books 5 and 6 and releasing in early 2019. Thank you all for being so patient and encouraging. I couldn’t do this without you! I will be posting everywhere as soon as Crime Lord’s Paradise is live! Here is an excerpt of chapter one!

11 Comments

1. Michelle on September 30, 2018 at 1:37 pm

So excited! I started out hating Gavin but now I only dislike him sometimes 🙂

Can’t wait for all the novels. I feel like I know them somewhat.

I love your writing!

2. Anne on September 30, 2018 at 2:27 pm

When is Carmen’s book coming out??????

• Mia Knight on September 30, 2018 at 8:04 pm

I’m working on Carmen’s book this winter. Releasing early 2019!

3. Renee on September 30, 2018 at 2:47 pm

Mad about your writing skills – I was hooked after the very first chapter! Your females are vulnerable yet so very strong and the back bone for the alpha’s – very seductive, it just drew me in. I can’t wait to continue reading what you share with us. Thank you for a Great Day Dream! And Yes the next Cover – wow what a vision.

• Mia Knight on September 30, 2018 at 8:05 pm

Aw thank you! I hope you enjoy their novella!

4. Angel K Bare on September 30, 2018 at 5:42 pm

Yay!! I love love love Gavin, Lylah, n the series! Can’t wait!

5. Renee Contreras on October 1, 2018 at 9:36 am

You are very talented and draw the reader into your stories right away. Your talent in expressing conflicted feelings and delving into the mindset is exemplary. I will definitely continue to buy your stories. Thank you for sharing the excerpt of your upcoming novella. I appreciate your updates and good luck in Utah. I hope you have some very warm winter gear!!!

6. Gay White on October 3, 2018 at 10:41 pm

I can not wait for 5 &6. I read them all in 3 days the characters and the stories hold you all the way through the novel. I am a forever fan and thank you for sharing these stories and your life with us.

• Mia Knight on October 3, 2018 at 10:46 pm

Thank you so much! I’m very happy to share them with you all and am ecstatic to have you all along for the ride! If you have a chance, please leave reviews, they help me out a lot! Much love! -Mia

7. helma fernando on October 27, 2018 at 2:59 pm

hi, mia I love your books! well I have read many books and various kinds but this one was out of the box it made me intrigued and I even suggested your books to my friends. You are like my night buddy because of my obsession over these kinds of books that made me a night owl but I don’t regret it. well for the suggestion if there is some kind of supernatural stories or alpha and omega type! and ya lots of love from India.

• Mia Knight on November 3, 2018 at 6:35 pm

Hi Helma, I’m glad you enjoyed the books! As for a supernatural book recommendation, I’d say maybe Feral Sins by Suzanne Wright. If you have a chance, please leave a review, it helps me out a lot!