Future Books in the Crime Lord Series

I’ve received a lot of questions about the future of the Crime Lord Series. Some think that Once A Crime Lord was the end. Let me put that fear to rest- we’re just getting started.

When I started writing this series, I only intended for it to be two books.ย My handful of early beta readers can attest to this. I revealed Sadist’s identity at the end of Recaptured by the Crime Lord and wrote a nice epilogue. I thought to myself, “I’ve done it. I actually finished something.” I gave myself a pat on the back and my beta, Lori, finished and asked, “What’s next?” You can imagine my pique. “What do you mean,ย what’s next? That’s it. It’s finished.” Lori persisted, “But what happens to them? What about Nora? What about Carmen?” It took me less than a day to realize that I could definitely write another book with Gavin and Lyla. So, major shout out to Lori for pushing me to think beyond the 2 books to expanding the Crime Lord Series into what it’s now become- a series with more depth and adventure than I ever imagined!

The following characters (in no particular order) will get a book in the series:

• Marcus
  • Raul, Roque, Angel (the Roman brothers)
  • Blade
  • Lucifer
  • Eli Stark

I am currently writing Carmen’s book. As you all know I am moving to Las Vegas so this has thrown my writing off a bit so I’m not sure of her book’s release date. I’ll announce that as soon as I know. As for those who are having Gavin withdrawals, I can assure you that he and Lyla will be in most if not all of the books to come and they may take center stage again in the future. We’ll see.

I wanted to thank you all for your interest and support in the Crime Lord Series. You all are amazing! The series wouldn’t be what it is without you guys.

27 Comments

1. Tamme bell on July 1, 2017 at 6:38 pm

I enjoyed all three books and hope you have many more. When I find an author I like I tend to read all of them. So hurry lol.

• Mia on July 2, 2017 at 7:37 am

I’m working on it. Lol.

2. Terry on July 7, 2017 at 3:17 pm

These books were a fabulous roller coaster ride. I’m so glad I found you. Can’t wait for the next books.

3. Anna on July 10, 2017 at 4:12 am

I have reread the Crime Lord series so many times! Thank the heavens for Kindle for if these were on paperback, they’d be so worn and battered already. I can’t express how much I love Gavin and Lyla. Please, please have another book about them and their precious Nora. ๐Ÿ™‚

A HELL YES to the future love stories! I’m also very invested in Blade’s and Carmen’s.. haha. Don’t let the ink run dry! Love your imagination. Keep up the great work! I can’t wait for the next book!

• Mia on July 10, 2017 at 7:56 am

Thank you Anna! It means a lot to me that people enjoy my work. I’m sure that Gavin and Lyla will take center stage again in the future and maybe Nora will get a book as well ๐Ÿ˜‰ Stay tuned! If you haven’t left a review, please do so. It helps me out loads!

4. Elizabeth on July 12, 2017 at 9:45 pm

I just read all three books in your Crime Lord series in two days with no sleep! I absolutely love this series and wanted to tell you how awesome you are. I am looking forward to all future books in this series as well as new stories! I LOVE LOVE LOVE every character you’ve introduced (both alive and deceased). I really hope you write a book with Alice as the MC. Even with how little is known about her background, there is something about Alice that made me fall in love with her character despite the little we’ve seen from her in the books. She reminds me of me some much (especially the club scene lol) This is just my fantasy, but if you do include her story later on I’m totally hoping you’d pair her with someone who is her complete opposite like Roque or Lucifer.

By the way I’m still recovering from Mannys death :'(

• Mia on July 13, 2017 at 6:31 am

Hi Elizabeth, it always brightens my day to see a post like this. I’m always plagued with doubt, but feedback from readers like you make it all worth it. As for Alice, she will get her own book. I mentioned the males that are getting a book, but not the females who go with them so everyone will have to wait and see who ends up with whom ๐Ÿ˜‰ I actually didn’t know Manny was going to die until I was writing the scene and I sobbed like a baby. Every time I write a scene with him, I cry. He’s such a great character and I miss him. If you haven’t already, please leave a review, it helps me out a lot!

5. Courtenay on July 14, 2017 at 3:07 am

I love this series and can’t wait for more from you!! Thanks for writing such awesome books!!

• Mia on July 15, 2017 at 2:03 am

Thank you Courtney! Always nice to hear from readers! If you have a chance, please leave a review, it helps me out a lot!

6. Danette on July 20, 2017 at 4:13 pm

I’m also dying to see Blade and Lucifer again. Lucifer is a quirky, scary but funny fellow. Lol Blade sounds so hot!!!

7. Binta on July 25, 2017 at 4:41 am

I can’t wait to read about Carmen and Marcus. I think they have a deep story and I think Blade and the Roman brothers’ sister would be great as well.

8. Jupitara on July 31, 2017 at 10:02 am

Loved the series…๐Ÿ˜˜the characters are crafted so well.. looking forward for the next book in the series… Thank you for writing the amazing series…..๐Ÿ˜ƒ

9. Debra L Stephens on July 31, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Love your books and can’t wait to get the new ones

10. Carla Poole on September 12, 2017 at 2:55 am

I loved all three books. Each book was a separate story on its own. Some authors drag out a story that should have been completed in two book and it just ruins the series. Writing three books here was necessary and made sense. I can’t wait to read Lucifer’s story and see the woman he ends up with. That should be a wild ride. Keep up the great work.

• Mia on September 12, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Hi Carla, I’m so glad you enjoyed the series and thank you for your encouragement! Yes, Lucifer’s story is going to be interesting. If you haven’t already, please leave a review, it helps me out a lot. ๐Ÿ˜ Have a great day!

11. Samantha K on October 31, 2017 at 1:20 am

Hi Mia.
    This is Samantha K from Goodreads, the now defunct Amazon forum, my J/P FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/jealouspossessivehero/
    and my forum where former Amazon Romance Forum members are now posting – http://romancebooklovers.freeforums.net

I’m sure you saw my reviews and I loved your books. I love how intense and possessive your hero was. I’m looking forward to reading more books from you. I’ll let my members know when your new book becomes available. I can’t wait!

Until then, take care and write fast please! (No pressure or anything, lol.)

Best regards,
    Samantha K

• Mia on November 1, 2017 at 7:21 am

Hi Samantha, thank you for reaching out to me! I went ahead and sent in a request to join your jealous/possessive hero group. One can never have too many of those recommendations! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed my series. If you have a chance, please join my FB group. It’s loads of fun!!

12. Kelle Craighead on November 14, 2017 at 5:15 pm

I absolutely loved reading these books. It’s been awhile since I’ve been caught up in a series. It had the alpha male, love, a great suspense line, and lyla’a inner thots are too funny. Added to my list of favorite authors.

Patiently waiting
    Kelle C

• Mia on November 17, 2017 at 7:51 am

Hi Kelle! It always makes my day to hear someone enjoyed the books! I am working on Carmen’s book and can’t wait to share it with you all. I drop teasers regularly in my Facebook page so make sure to join us!

13. Choukry on December 3, 2017 at 8:26 am

Hi Mia, I read the crime lord series about 10 times and waiting impatiently
    for Marcus and Carmens book to come out. Also the charactere of Roque will be very intresting Because we have seen bit of the two others Roman brothers Raul very Marcus genre and Angel young, volatile and needs few more years to settle down. But Roque seem to be more like Gavin and I Wonder the woman who will be able to tame him. She has to be one of the most innocent Because as they say Opposite attract each other.

• Mia on December 4, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Hi, I am currently working on Carmen’s book and hoping to release in the coming months. I am also very excited for Roque’s book. It’s going to be full of turmoil! Can’t wait. I hope you’re in my book group, Mia Knight’s Captives. I post teasers in there and am currently doing some holiday giveaways!

14. Ellen berg on April 1, 2018 at 11:19 am

Hi I just finish the last book with Carmen and Marcus I hope for a new book soon gr Ellen berg

15. Mejgan on May 7, 2018 at 11:29 pm

I finished the last book and am dying to know when part 2 will be out?! I canโ€™t get enough of this series!

• Mia on May 9, 2018 at 11:13 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed the series! I don’t have a release date for book 5 yet but I will announce it as soon as I have an idea. If you have a chance, please leave a review, it helps me out a lot!

16. France on May 21, 2018 at 5:52 pm

Please more of Gavin and Layla ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…and more for Romans brothers and for luciana,, they seems great i cant wait ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

17. Tonya Shipman on May 28, 2018 at 4:33 pm

Amazing series! The development of the characters are so well written that I canโ€™t get enough! I look forward to book 5. The only positive is that I can finally get caught up on sleep. I couldnโ€™t put the story down.

• Mia on June 3, 2018 at 6:55 am

Thank you for your kind words! It means a lot! If you have a chance, please leave a review! I will be offline working on the next installments so stay tuned! Much love! -Mia